General and Family Medicine
Providing care to you and your family on a daily basis including:
- Acute Illness
- Mental Health
- Wound Management
- Chronic Disease Management
- Infant and Adolescent Health
- Women’s Health
- Mens Health
Baby, Child and Adolescent Health
Our medical and nursing team are available for consultation to support your child to maintain optimum health.
Our doctors are able to complete a comprehensive health check. Please let reception staff if you require a long appointment.
Our doctors are able to complete a comprehensive health check. Please let reception staff know if you require a long appointment.
The Practice has two Pap Smear Endorsed Registered Nurses available.
Contraception and Family Planning and Your Sexual health
Your preferred doctor will discuss with you the many different options of contraception available and assist you in deciding the best method for you.
- Our doctors are able to perform Implanon insertion and removal procedures.
- Mirena Insertion and removals are also able to be provided by Dr Fiona Delaney, Dr Renae Dall’Alba and Dr Alexandra Te-Loo.
- If you are planning a family and trying to conceive we can offer you advice and options and refer to specialist if needed.
Our doctors are also able to provide advice and options for your sexual health needs.
Antenatal and Post-natal Care
Offered by all doctors at Mt Sheridan Medical Practice, working with Private and Public Obstetricians for your pregnancy care.
Please contact the practice to book an appointment. Your child will be seen by your preferred doctor and our experienced Registered Nurses will perform the immunisations. For more info click here.
Download the Immunisation Schedule
Childhood Immunisations are due at the following ages:
- 6 weeks
- 4 months
- 6 months
- 12 months
- 4 years
Adult and Travel Immunisations/Advice
Going overseas? Book an appointment with your preferred doctor for immunisations and travel advice for your upcoming trip.
Skin checks are offered by all Doctors. Living in Far North Queensland it is recommended you have a full skin check on a regular basis with your GP.
Mt Sheridan Medical Practice performs a variety of Minor Surgery including:
- Ingrown Toenail Repair
- Skin Biopsies
- Excision of lesions
- Abscess Incision and Drainage
Repeat Scripts and Referrals
It is recommended that you make an appointment to see your regular GP. For Online Script requests refer to our online services.
Gastric Band Adjustments
Dr Alexandra Te-Loo is available for Gastric Band adjustments. Please call reception to discuss your appointment.
Diabetes Care / Education
In co-ordination with our Diabetes Educator Robyn Keating our doctors are available to provide comprehensive Diabetes care. Podiatrist Natalie Cristaudo is also available for consultations onsite. Dr. Jason Delaney is listed with Diabetes Australia as a Health Professional who can assist in the management of diabetes.
The practice offers a number of Health Assessments including:
- Mental Health Care Planning
- Care planning for chronic health conditions
- Diabetes and Asthma management
- Indigenous Health Assessments
- 45-49 Year old Health Assessment
- 75 Years and over Health assessment
- Assessment for Drivers Licence Renewal